- see all comments
"I did find a great video explaining how to read the chart and directions. https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oumKr2eA Cant wait to start this project!"
"Wheres the pattern? The link takes you to a page that saids its been moved."
"May try to do in the future."
Harvest Crochet Afghan
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Click here to view your crochet patterns.
Fall is finally here! The Harvest Crochet Afghan is the perfect way to keep warm during this delightful season. With its rich brown and orange colors, this blanket will remind you of a setting sunset on a crisp autumn day. You can work up this easy crochet pattern in no time. This afghan also features a distinct zig zag pattern which certainly makes it visually interesting. Picture yourself snuggling up by the fire with this afghan wrapped around your shoulders and a large mug of apple cider in your hand. You will feel so nice and relaxed you'll want to work up another afghan for a friend or family member!
Crochet HookK/10.5 or 6.5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge1 Square = about 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 in. (14 x 14 cm).
- LION BRAND® LION’S PRIDE® WOOLSPUN® (Art. #671)
- #132 Pumpkin 3 balls (A)
- #501 Desert Sun Mix 4 balls (B)
- #123 Taupe 3 balls (C)
- #201 Mesa Print 3 balls (D)
or colors of your choice
- LION BRAND® crochet hook size K-10.5 (6.5 mm)
- LION BRAND® large-eyed blunt needle
About 40 x 55 1/2 in. (101.5 x 141 cm)
sc2tog (sc 2 sts together) (Insert hook in next st and draw up a loop) twice, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook – 1 st decreased.
- 59 separate Squares are crocheted, then sewn together.
- To change yarn color, work last st of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete the st.
Fasten off old color.
Square I (make 20)
With A, chain 16.
Row 1 (right side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across – you will have 15 sc.
Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), turn, skip first st, hdc in each st across.
Rows 3-5: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), turn, skip first st, hdc in each st across working last hdc in top of turning ch.
Row 6: Ch 1, turn, sc in each st across, working last sc in top of turning ch.
Change to B
Row 7: With B, ch 1, turn, sc in each st across.
Rows 8-12: With B, repeat Rows 2-6.
Square II (make 12)
Make same as Square I, using B for Rows 1-6 and C for Rows 7-12.
For more great fall crochet afghan patterns, check out Fall in Love: 31 Thanksgiving Crochet Afghan Patterns.
Square III (make 15)
Make same as Square I, using C for Rows 1-6 and D for Rows 7-12.
Square IV (make 12)
Make same as Square I, using D for Rows 1-6 and A for Rows 7-12.
Sew Squares into strips, then sew strips together to make the Afghan.
Rnd 1: From right side, join C with a sl st anywhere along outside edge of Afghan. Ch 1, work 14 sc evenly spaced across the edge of
each square, all the way around the Afghan, working 3 sc in each outer corner; join with sl st in first sc.
Rnd 2: From right side, join B with a sl st in any st of Rnd 1. Ch 1, sc in each st of Rnd 1, working 3 sc in the center sc of each 3-sc outer corner and (sc2tog) twice at each inner corner; join with sl st in first sc.
Weave in ends.
ch = chain
hdc = half double crochet
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
tog = together
Read NextSetting Sun Patchwork Afghan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 15, 2016
looks nice and comfy......very homey
Aug 23, 2016
So inspiring to make this Harvest Crochet Afghan. So cozy to snuggle under this beautiful afghan after a tiring day's work. whether you work in an office or just working at home. Thanks.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crazy Ripple Blanket
You've never seen a ripple crochet afghan like this before! The Crazy Ripple Blanket is an easy spin on the typical ripple pattern. By… Continue reading: "Crazy Ripple Blanket"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- A Cozy Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- How To Crochet Easter Bunny Applique
- Adjust The Size Of A Crochet Blanket
- What Is Gauge In Crochet?
- How To Finish Off A Crochet Blanket
- Why Is The Starting Edge Of Crochet Bunched Together?
- How To Crochet Your Second Row
- How To Crochet Your First Row
- How-to Turn Your Crochet (with Mini Tutorial)
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions