How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
28 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
By: Nicola Trumbull, Editor, allfreecrochetafghanpatterns.com
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Join in on the Tunisian fun and check out these 28 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns. There is no need to be scared of a Tunisian crochet pattern and this collection will show you why. Whether you're trying crochet Tunisian patterns for the first time or if you're a seasoned Tunisian crocheter, these free patterns for Tunisian crochet are about to be your favorite. These patterns for Tunisian crochet are all different and all super fun.
Learning how to crochet Tunisian crochet patterns will be a breeze after you follow our free crochet tutorials. Then move right along to our free Tunisian crochet patterns in all sizes. Use the Tunisian crochet stitch for full crochet afghans, crochet throws, and crochet baby blankets.
To clear up any confusion, the Tunisian stitch is often referred to as the afghan stitch. This is especially true for vintage crochet patterns. The afghan crochet stitch is used in vintage crochet patterns and it's great to see this crochet stitch in a new light. Learn how to crochet the afghan stitch/Tunisian stitch with these awesome free patterns!
28 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
Calling all crochet experts! If you're looking to put your crochet skills to the test, check out these 19 Advanced Crochet Patterns!
Let's start with the basics: Follow these Tunisian crochet tutorials to learn the basics of this stitch to use in a variety of projects. Patterns for Tunisian crochet are versatile and once you learn how to crochet this stitch you'll be able to crochet so much more.
If you're a visual learner, be sure to check out the newest video tutorial below! If you don't need to follow photos or a video to work the crochet afghan stitch, or if you just need a quick refresher of the steps involved in creating Tunisian crochet stitches, we've got you covered.
How to Crochet the Tunisian Stitch:
Tunisian Simple Stitch (Tss): One row of Tunisian simple stitch is worked in two steps and using the front post of your work as follows, with yarn behind your work:
- Forward Pass (Step 1): Skip the first vertical bar; *insert hook under next vertical bar, yarn over and draw up a loop; repeat from * across.
- Return Pass (Step 2): Yarn over and draw through one loop on your hook; *yarn over and draw through 2 loops on your hook; repeat from * until only one loop remains on hook (one row of Tss complete).
Tunisian Knit Stitch (Tks): One row of Tunisian knit stitch is worked quite similarly to the Tss, except that you use the space under the vertical bar, or the space where you would normally insert your hook for a standard crochet stitch. The reverse pass is the same.
- How to Crochet: Tunisian Stitch - Video Tutorial!
- How Do I Crochet: Tunisian Stitch - Step by Step Photo Tutorial
- Learn Tunisian Crochet
The Alaskan Blue Tunisian Crochet Blanket uses bobble stitches as well, and the two patterns use the Tunisian stitch to create crochet blocks. These patterns will give you just a taste of the possibilities that free Tunisian crochet stitches have to offer.
- Alaskan Blue Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Butter Mints Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Shades of Amber Tunisian Crochet Afghan
- Ten Stitch Tunisian Crochet - NEW!
Looking to learn a few more crochet stitches? Check out our Crochet Stitches 101: 5 Different Crochet Stitches to Learn How to Crochet!
Free crochet patterns for throws are fun and fresh ways to brighten your home, and you can never have too many for when guests come over or for a suddenly chilly night.
Follow these free patterns for truly unique ways to use both of the Tunisian crochet stitches. Free crochet patterns for babies are great ways to use your talents to create a heartfelt, personal gift for a special little one.
- Tunisian Crochet Entrelac Style Baby Blanket - pictured!
- Sailboat Baby Blanket
- Lilac Love Crochet Baby Blanket NEW!
- Rainbow Tunisian Entrelac Crochet Blanket NEW!
Looking for a few easy crochet pattern? Check out 24 Free Easy to Crochet Afghan Patterns!
Learn how to crochet the afghan stitch as well as how to cross-stitch on top of your finished afghan. These free crochet patterns let you embrace your nostalgia while also incorporating your own style. Plus, the afghan stitch is the perfect base for embroidery.
- American Rose Afghan
- California Ranch Afghan
- Crochet Couch Cover
- Crocheted Crazy Quilt
- Maize Fireside Afghan
- French Poodles Crochet Afghan
- Fleur De Lis Afghan
- Modern Mood Afghan
- Morning Glory Afghan - pictured!
- Modern Leaf Afghan
- Vine and Trellis Blanket
- Royal Splendour Afghan
- Rosebud Throw
- Olive Rose Afghan
- Queen Anne Blanket
- Rose Afghan - New!
- Embroidered Afghan - New!
PLUS: These aren't Tunisian crochet afghans, but you might like these Tunisian crochet patterns from our friends at AllFreeCrochet:
- Tunisian Crochet Belt
- Foxy Faux-Knit Cowl
- Tunisian-Style Pillow Covers
- Pretty Pebbles Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth
- Monroe Tunisian Crochet Scarf
Need a little extra help? Check out this video on how to Tunisian crochet:
Which is your favorite pattern?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns eBook
- How to Crochet Star Stitch Tutorial
- Corner to Corner Crochet Blanket
- 28 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How to Crochet: Crocodile Stitch Tutorial
- Bargello Crochet Stitch Pattern
- 58 Crochet Afghan Patterns Using the Popcorn Stitch, Bobble Stitch, Puff Stitch, and Cluster Crochet Stitch
- Wavy Squares Afghan
- Learn Tunisian Crochet
- "How Do I Crochet?" 19 Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns to Get You Started
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
- The Crocheter's Gift Guide: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Baby Blankets and More for All Occasions
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Heirloom Wooden Crochet Hooks Review
- Lace Banksia Crochet Border
- Roses in the Wishing Well
- Hello Sunshine Granny Square
- One Skein Framed Hearts Baby Blanket
- One Skein Heart to Heart Afghan
- Heart-Shaped Baby Blanket
- Billie Jean Denim Yarn Review
- Delicate Doily Christening Blanket
- 45 V-Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns