26 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
By: Nicola Trumbull, Editor for AllFreeCrochetAfghanPatterns
We are adding the pattern to your Afghan Patterns.
This project has been added to your afghan patterns.
Join in on the tunisian fun and check out these 26 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns. There is no need to be scared of a tunisian crochet pattern and this collection will show you why. Whether you're trying crochet tunisian patterns for the first time or if you're a seasoned tunisian crocheter, these free patterns for tunisian crochet are about to be your favorite. These patterns for tunisian crochet are all different and all super fun.
Learning how to crochet tunisian crochet patterns will be a breeze after you follow our free crochet tutorials. Then move right along to our free tunisian crochet patterns in all sizes. Use the tunisian crochet stitch for full crochet afghans, crochet throws, and crochet baby blankets.
To clear up any confusion, the tunisian stitch is often referred to as the afghan stitch. This is especially true for vintage crochet patterns. The afghan crochet stitch is used in vintage crochet patterns and it's great to see this crochet stitch in a new light. Learn how to crochet the afghan stitch/tunisian stitch with these awesome free patterns!
26 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
Calling all crochet experts! If you're looking to put your crochet skills to the test, check out these 19 Advanced Crochet Patterns!
Let's start with the basics: Follow these tunisian crochet tutorials to learn the basics of this stitch to use in a variety of projects. Patterns for tunisian crochet are versatile and once you learn how to crochet this stitch you'll be able to crochet so much more.
Tunisian crochet patterns for afghans are not all the same. With these three crochet tunisian patterns, you'll find that a variety of stitches and styles are used. The Alaskan Blue Tunisian Crochet Blanket uses bobble stitches as well and the other two patterns use the tunisian stitch to create crochet blocks. These patterns will give you just a taste of the possibilities that free tunisian crochet patterns have to offer.
- Alaskan Blue Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Butter Mints Tunisian Crochet Blanket
- Shades of Amber Tunisian Crochet Afghan
Looking to learn a few more crochet stitches? Check out our Crochet Stitches 101: 5 Different Crochet Stitches to Learn How to Crochet!
If you're new to the world of tunisian crochet, it might be best to start with a crochet throw. These tunisian crochet patterns are not large and you can crochet without worrying about size. Free patterns for tunisian crochet throws are fun and fresh ways to brighten your home.
Before you know it, you've mastered the tunisian stitch. Now you can use your new crochet skill to whip up tunisian crochet baby blankets for any occasion. Follow these free patterns for truly unique ways to use the tunisian stitch.
- Tunisian Crochet Entrelac Style Baby Blanket
- Sailboat Baby Blanket
- Lilac Love Crochet Baby Blanket NEW!
Looking for a few easy crochet pattern? Check out 24 Free Easy to Crochet Afghan Patterns!
While tunisian crochet may seem like a new craze, this type of crochet pattern has been around for a while. In vintage crochet patterns, the tunisian stitch is often called the afghan stitch. Learn how to crochet the afghan stitch as well as how to cross-stitch on top of your finished afghan. The afghan stitch is the perfect base for embroidery.
- American Rose Afghan
- California Ranch Afghan
- Crochet Couch Cover
- Crocheted Crazy Quilt
- Maize Fireside Afghan
- French Poodles Crochet Afghan
- Fleur De Lis Afghan
- Modern Mood Afghan
- Morning Glory Afghan
- Modern Leaf Afghan
- Vine and Trellis Blanket
- Royal Splendour Afghan
- Rosebud Throw
- Olive Rose Afghan
- Queen Anne Blanket
PLUS: These aren't tunisian crochet afghans, but you might like these tunisian crochet patterns from our friends at AllFreeCrochet:
- Tunisian Crochet Belt
- Foxy Faux-Knit Cowl
- Tunisian-Style Pillow Covers
- Pretty Pebbles Tunisian Crochet Dishcloth
- Monroe Tunisian Crochet Scarf
Need a little extra help? Check out this video on how to Tunisian crochet:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns eBook
- Crown Lace Stitch Pattern
- 26 Tunisian Stitch Crochet Afghan Patterns
- "How Do I Crochet?" 19 Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns to Get You Started
- 52 Crochet Afghan Patterns Using the Popcorn Stitch, Bobble Stitch, Puff Stitch, and Cluster Crochet Stitch
- Wavy Squares Afghan
- Bargello Crochet Stitch Pattern
- How to Crochet Star Stitch Tutorial
- Learn Tunisian Crochet
- How to Make Triangles
- 10 Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 11 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Square Crochet Projects
- 8 Crochet Ideas for Crochet Throws, Simple Crochet Patterns, and Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 9 Pastel Colored Patterns for Crochet Baby Blankets
- Color Scheme Crochet: How To Crochet 17 Colorful Crochet Afghans
- Crochet for Men: 14 Crochet Afghans for Men and Boys
- How Do I Crochet? 13 Basic Crochet Stitches and Free Beginner Crochet Afghan Patterns
- How To Crochet a Ripple Crochet Afghan: 7 Free Crochet Patterns
- How To Crochet: 14 Flower Crochet Granny Squares
- How to Crochet: 16 Quick and Easy Granny Square Patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blue Basket Weave Crochet Baby Blanket
- Bernat Softee Baby Chunky Yarn
- 11 Cozy Crochet Blanket Patterns for the Fireside
- Setting Sun Patchwork Afghan
- Perfectly Purple Ripple Throw
- Happy Harvest Throw
- Simple Sea Glass Crochet Afghan
- Lion Brand Heartland Yarn
- Santa's Picks: 8 Crochet Blanket Patterns for Christmas 2015
- Christmas Flower Motif Throw